How To Keep Delegating The Right Way
How to Delegate – the Simple Process – Are you delegating everything you should? Most likely the answer is NO – even if you have been delegating for awhile. Business owners can get in a rut of just doing what they’ve always done. Step back and do this exercise to get clarity on everything YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING YOURSELF!
I have created a one-page worksheet for you to really take a look at your current tasks and how you can save yourself some time and headache by taking some responsibilities off of your plate.
In this worksheet, write down tasks that you can think of that someone else could do.
- Respond to client/customer emails
- Manage your social media accounts
- Write simple blog posts
- Make sales calls
- Manage your calendar appointments
- Assist with technical issues
- Take a course/training for you
- Create a marketing campaign
- Manage your customer management software
Next, you have to figure out how much you would pay someone to do that task for you.
This varies depending on a few factors, the task assigned, where you live, their experience, and your budget.
For example, you could pay someone $15-20 an hour to answer customer emails. If they were going to take over some coaching however, that would be more in the $500 an hour range.
Lastly, is time tracking. If you want to really nail down task delegation, keep track of how much time to spend on each task. Tie tracking tools such as RescueTime and Toggl are great resources for this.
When I first start working with clients, I ALWAYS have them track their time. This can be a real eye-opener. Often time people don’t realize how much time they are spending on the simple things.
They usually hate me at first for it- but they love me later!
Once you have tracked you time for a couple days, pick one to three tasks that you would feel comfortable delegating to someone else.
Learning to delegate is crucial to your business and moving it to the next level. Even if we could work 24 hours a day, we can’t do it all ourselves. Delegating tasks will equal more money in less time and growing your business. Because let’s face it, you are an eventual millionaire, so start to take those steps towards your million.
- Download the How to Delegate Worksheet
- Download either RescueTime or Toggl and track your time for at LEAST 2 days
- On the worksheet, write down the tasks that you do in a day
- On the worksheet, write down how much you would pay someone else to do that task
- After you have tracked your time for at least 2 days, add that to the worksheet for each individual task
- Delegate to the right person on your team at least 3 of the tasks taking up your time. If you don’t have someone yet, find someone! [I’ll make an upcoming video on how to find someone too! 🙂 ]
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More