The Origin Story of Zapier with Wade Foster
CEO of Zapier – Wade Foster
Wade Foster is the CEO and co-founder of Zapier, a workflow automation tool used by over three million people to connect the work apps they use every day.
Prior to Zapier, Wade worked as a customer development lead for The Idea Works, Inc. in Missouri. He is an alumnus of Y Combinator and has degrees in industrial engineering and business administration from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
“Zapier makes you happier.” – Wade Foster
- The origin of Zapier (Called Zaps with API in the name!)
- How to know if your product is good enough in the market
- Why talking to customers as the owner is critical
- Tips and how to’s for hiring
- Why hire people that have a roll up your sleeve mentality
- Find the systems that works for you and match your mental model. (It’s not a one size fits all.)
- Tips for people that are more visionary than detail-oriented
- Specific Actionable Zaps that save you time + energy
Connect with Wade:
Wade’s Recommended Resources:
High Output Management by Andrew Grove
Don?t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
Rocket Surgery Made Easy by Steve Krug
Video Transcription provided by GMR Transcription Services.
Categories: All, Featured Millionaire Interview, Millionaire Interviews
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More