Selects Edition: Scaling Jungle Scout Fast with Greg Mercer
This is the Selects Edition of the Eventual Millionaire, where we choose to republish the best interviews I had with millionaires. (This episode originally published on December 12, 2019)
Greg Mercer is the Founder and CEO of Jungle Scout, the leading software for Amazon sellers. He built Jungle Scout from a Chrome extension into a robust suite of SaaS solutions.
Greg has a passion for bootstrapping, tech, and philanthropy. As a public speaker and educator, he is interested in big data, technology, e-commerce, and travel, all of which play a big part in his work and life.
We dive deep into going from startup to over one hundred employees in a short time frame.
“I had no idea how to build software or do the marketing. One of the only attributes that I’d say I am good at is persistence, never take no as an answer and run through any obstacle.” – Greg Mercer
- His experience in creating and developing Jungle Scout
- Learn what led Jungle Scout to the fast growth trajectory
- His journey growing up as a kid with a successful entrepreneur dad
- How to counter the fear of failure
- How Greg’s role grew in Jungle Scout (The strengths he developed in five years)
- How to step back and not micromanage (let go!)
- Tips and tricks in systemizing your hiring process
- Learn the deciding factors of hiring
- Tips in firing your employee
Greg’s Recommended Resources:
Connect with Greg:
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More