Selects Edition: Profitable Online Stores With Steve Chou
This is the Selects Edition of the Eventual Millionaire, where we choose to republish the best interviews I had with millionaires. (This episode originally published on January 9th, 2017)
Steve Chou is the founder of My Wife Quit Her Job. Steve carries both a bachelors and a masters degree in electrical engineering from Stanford University. Despite majoring in electrical engineering, he spent a good portion of his graduate education studying entrepreneurship and the mechanics of running small businesses.
When his wife, Jennifer, became pregnant, the two made it their mission to help her ditch her soul-sucking 9-5 while still generating income for their growing family. Within a year, the two built an online shop and six-figure revenue stream.
“eCommerce you can make money a lot faster, but building a brand takes a lot longer.” – Steve Chou
- Why there’s always money for you in e-commerce if you do this one thing right
- The reason why being “nice” is a bad thing when you’re building your online audience
- How a pissed off Etsy community turned into profits for Steve
- What you should do if you want to start making money sooner rather than later
- The easiest way to ask for a guest post that will get you a yes almost guaranteed
- How to write blog posts consistently when you hate writing
- Why running traffic to your online store is not enough to make money
Connect with Steve:
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More