Long-Term Thinking In a Short-Term World with Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark is a consultant, keynote speaker, and author. She has been named one of the Top 50 business thinkers in the world by Thinkers50 and was recognized as the #1 Communication Coach in the world by Marshall Goldsmith Leading Global Coaches Awards. She teaches executive education at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and Columbia Business School. She also wrote the books, The Long Game, Entrepreneurial You, Reinventing You, and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of the Year by Inc. magazine.
A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, Clark has been described by the New York Times as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.” A frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, she consults and speaks for clients including Google, Microsoft, and the World Bank.
“If you’re pursuing a meaningful and long-term goal, it is far more likely than not that there will be some detours and some disruptions and obstacles, and you have to understand how to persist and how to get around them so you don’t give up too soon.” – Dorie Clark
- Four questions to ask to get more white space in your life
- How to figure out your strategic plan for your business
- How to lower your level of resistance to testing and trying new things for your life and business
- How to work on your strategic patience
- How to figure out your short-term joy so that you can stick with your long term plan
Books and Resources:
Connect with Dorie:
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More