All about franchises with Erik Van Horn
Multi-Brand, Multi-Unit Franchisee | Advising buyers, franchisees, and franchisors – Erik Van Horn
Erik Van Horn is a franchising specialist, and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee business ownership. Over the last 20 years as a franchisee (he’s owned 7 brands in 8 states), regional developer, consultant, and investor, he has developed tremendous insight into the unique and challenging aspects of franchising. Erik also has a passion for people, which is why he has helped 1,000 people find great franchise opportunities that match their goals.
He lives on a hobby ranch with his wife and three young daughters in a small town, while continuing to own businesses remotely. When he’s not working, he enjoys going on outdoor adventures with his family.
“When something goes wrong in your business, take ownership of it, and you can just get it done.” – Erik Van Horn
- Learn How real estate launched Eric in business (which still plays a role in his overall strategy)
- Finding, buying, starting, scaling, and selling franchises
- When to buy a franchise (and the issues to work on before buying)
- How to match a franchise buyer to a franchise
- Traits that will lead to business success
- Partnerships: the good, bad, and the ugly
- How to find good people to manage the businesses (when to give them equity)
- What franchisees should do to level up their businesses
Connect with Erik:
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More