98 Degrees: The Upside and Downside of fame with Jeff Timmons
Jeff Timmons is an American pop singer, songwriter, TV and music producer, and founding member of the internationally acclaimed, multi-platinum, Grammy Nominated selling group 98 Degrees, which has sold over 15 million albums with 4 top 5 radio singles.
The group produced mega-hits such as “The Hardest Thing”, “I do”, “Because of You”, and the number one hit single featuring Mariah Carey called, “Thank God I Found You.” The group also collaborated with Stevie Wonder on the song, “True to Your Heart”, on the soundtrack for Disney’s hit animated feature Mulan.
98 Degrees albums have reached gold or platinum status in more than 60 countries around the world. After his success with 98 Degrees, Jeff embarked on his solo career by touring with Jim Brickman, and then single-handedly wrote and produced his first solo album which was released as a joint venture with Rising Phoenix and SLG Music. Recently, Jeff executive produced a TV series called “Droned” for Discovery Science.
“You take fame in stride. At the end of the day, reflect on what’s real and what’s not, what you need to do to work harder, how you can get better for your fans, and put a better product out there for them. And then, try to enjoy the ride, which in our landscape, and any business, it’s always competitive, but the entertainment business is fickle and very competitive.” – Jeff Timmons
- How to deal with uncertainty in the music industry brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to choose the best business model in the ever-changing landscape of business
- Learn the misconceptions of the music industry (And how to deal with them)
- Upside and downside of fame
- Dealing with internet trolls, stalkers, detractors, and critics
- Learn how to take risks and overcome fear (And when not to take risks)
- Learn how to balance your successes and failures (Especially in the music industry)
- How to tap into your creative side (Be in the flow state)
Connect with Jeff:
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More