Who are you selling to?
Where do they exist?
And how do you get more of them?
Now that you have your goal with the $2,000 challenge ? you should know how many leads and prospects you need to hit your goal. (if you don?t, use the formula on this page to do that now!)
Ideally we want to ask your current customers where they hang out. Are they in any specific facebook groups? Do they read specific blogs that you could get a guest post on?
Each businesses? customers are different, so you need to TEST in order to figure out where your specific prospects will be.
The question to start asking yourself:
How do I get 100 leads this week? (Or however many leads you need!)
WHAT IS YOUR INITIAL VALUE?
First things first: Why do people care about you?
Think of the first time you meet your ideal customer in person- how can you best help them?
That should be your initial value that you give them ? and if we can turn that into an automated lead magnet then it?ll be even better.
*If you don?t already have a lead magnet – below are some resources to get you started! You should be able to finish a new one in not time!
Action Item: Create a leadmagent-aim to finish in 3 hours!
LEVERAGE YOUR CURRENT ASSETS
If you already have a website or social presence let?s try to convert more people to your next step.
GO ALL IN! We tend to do things halfway. Instead of going all about it.
IF YOU ARE ONLINE, START WITH?
Your own personal facebook network:
We have so many friends! Write a post like this:
?I?m doing a challenge this week, my business coach has put me to the test ? and I?m trying to help as many people in my business as humanly possible in the next 7 days. If you know me and my work, do you have anyone that you know that you could intro me to? And if you don?t know what I do ? private msg me and I?ll let you know!?
Here?s an example of similar type post:
2. Leverage the traffic that you already have by closing all the holes on your site with opt-ins.
You?ve worked hard to build the traffic to your site. Did you know that only 2-4% of your website traffic will convert on their first interaction with your business? This is why we need to have as many opportunities to convert them in place as possible!
Consider installing one of these style opt-ins: ?
- An exit pop-up: An exit popup is a message that displays to users as they are attempting to navigate away from your site. The most common use for an exit pop is to show a message explaining why users shouldn?t leave the site. See an example of an exit pop I have used for a previous challenge!
- Welcome Mat – Have your opt-in be the first thing visitors see when they visit your site. Increases conversions immensely.
- A hello bar: a ?Hello Bar? helps you improve the effectiveness of your website by showing the right message at the right time to your website visitors. Here?s an example of a Hello Bar from Leadpages.
- Add content upgrades or opt-ins at the end your blog posts (or top trafficked posts): A content upgrade is simply bonus content that people can get access to in exchange for their email address. Unlike traditional ?site-wide? lead magnets, however, content upgrades are unique to the specific content that people are already reading or listening to on your site. Example from Digital Marketer.
- Add opt-ins on your About Page: Did you know your about page is one of the most popular pages on your site? Make sure you have an opt-in there! See this in action for Derek Halpern at Social Triggers.
- Slide-up opt-in: a slide up is a timed opt-in that slides up once a user has scrolled to a specific point on the page or is a timed. My slide-up opt-in.
- Turn your 404 Page into an Opt-in: see an example of mine here.
- Social shares plugins – these allow your visitors to share your content easily.
RECOMMENDED TOOLS TO DO THIS WITH:
There are many tools you can use to do all of the above.
- Sumome.com: Sumome is a suite of simple tools used to build email lists, social shares, insights and more. Sumome has mobile optimization for things like exit popups to increase list building, the ability to split test these popups, and custom designed templates. They even offer heat mapping to help show you what is working on your site and what isn?t. The free version has a lot to offer and you can upgrade (depending on your number of subscribers: $20/month for 5K to $119/month for 1M) to get the features like A/B testing and no Sumome branding.
- Leadpages: This is a great platform for building landing pages, lead boxes, lead links, and they even offer lead digits! You can build pages in a drag and drop builder or choose from their already tested and proven designs. Monthly packages range from $25/month to $199/month depending on your business needs.
- Unbounce: A landing page platform with so much more! Unbounce offers fully customizable landing pages. This is a great platform to use especially if you are building pages for clients as there is the ability to group campaigns and manage clients. Depending on your anticipated amount of monthly traffic and if you are building pages just for yourself or for clients monthly prices range from $49-$499.
- Thrive Leads: Thrive Leads is another list building tool that offers every kind of opt-in form you can think of! In addition to A/B testing of opt in forms, they also offer advanced targeting for your visitors so you can build hyper-targeted campaigns. Pricing depends on how many sites you plan on installing these awesome features on-one site per month runs $67 while if you are working with clients an agency license is $588/month.
- Ask people on your social media follow to SIGN up for the list.
We don?t do this enough. Set up an automatic tweet, FB or Instagram posting to send people to your lead magnet at a few times per week! We want to make sure if one of those platforms go away, we have another way to reach out to them (that you OWN).
- MeetEdgar: This platform allows you to automate posts on Facebook group and personal pages, LinkedIn and Twitter for $49/month
- Hootsuite: Connects with 35 different social platforms from Instagram to YouTube. Monthly plans for personal use start at $9.99/month and increase for business and enterprise memberships. They do offer a 30 day free trial for personal accounts.
- Buffer: Another scheduling platform which integrates with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+. You can both schedule and analyze your posts. They offer a Free or?$10/month individual plan and plans ranging from $99-$399 for teams and agencies.
4. List Swap.
If you have friends in the same niche ? especially if you have similar audience sizes ? ask to do a list swap. It helps you both!
I got this idea from a consulting call I had with Neil Patel. I asked him how to grow my email list as fast as possible. He told me guest posts and list swaps.
It?s not actually selling anything. It?s giving away someone else?s lead magnet on your email list. So people that are interested will click and opt in to their list. And then you get an email sent out with your lead magnet too.
It?s a win-win for everyone.
You can also offer to do a webinar for someone influential and NOT pitch. It?s just value given ? and if your content is amazing it might be easier to have them say yes. Especially if you give away a ton of amazing content and have testimonials that back everything up that you say.
I?M NOT SAYING ADVERTISING ? why?
Because it can take a long time to get it right if you haven?t started in it already, plus a lot of money too! I?m not saying don?t try it ever, I?m just saying there are shorter term ways to leverage what you already have now. I do LOVE paid advertising as a way to level up, but let?s close the holes in the current systems you are using now, so we can scoop up enough money to really do advertising right.
IF YOU?RE OFFLINE?
Are there any networking events you can go to this week or next week?
I know a lot of people want to do online instead. I agree you can meet MORE people in a shorter time if you go only online. But the ?know, like, and trust? factor is not as high online as when you meet someone in person.
How many people are legitimate spammers that you meet at a networking event? Not nearly as many as people trying to hit you up online. Plus they can get a feel for you. Asking for a sales appointment after being in person is easier than asking one after a quick FB interaction in a group.
List to find potential events in your area:
Meetup.com ? Meetup.com?s main purpose is to facilitate offline gatherings of individuals who have met online. You can use meetup.com to organize gatherings yourself or find gatherings in your area where you can network.
Also, check out Eventbright!
You can even find a lot of local events on the events section of Facebook. It doesn?t have to be a typical ?networking? event. It could be a social event with your specific avatar in it!
- Choose ONE of these methods and do it today.
- If you have time, take ANOTHER one of these methods and do it today.
- Create a leadmagent to give away to your audience-get it done in 3 hours!
(If you have any questions on any of these methods, post in the Facebook group and ask- we can help! 🙂
>> CHALLENGE CHECK-IN
Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 6 and be sure and catch up with us to share Big Money Wins in our FB group!