What is Your Perfect Day?
You know exactly what you don’t want for your perfect day. But do you know exactly what you do want? There are so many choices it can be hard to decide.
An exercise that I’ve used as a coach and has really helped me hone in on what I want personally, is called Your Perfect Day. This is great to do just before you set your goals. I suggest reading the exercise now, but do it when you are either relaxing on the couch, or right before you go to sleep. The key is to relax and have your eyes closed and really visualize what your perfect day would be like. It’s fun too!
It works best if you visualize everything, from walking downstairs in the morning to sitting on your laptop and looking at all that money in your bank account.
Your Perfect Day: What would your perfect day look like?
- How did you sleep and what time did you wake up?
- What is the weather like outside?
- How are you feeling? Healthy, excited, calm, stress-free?
- What are you going to wear?
- What are you having for breakfast?
- What does your living space look like?
- Do you do any ‘work’?
- Who do you spend the day with?
- What do you have for lunch?
- What is your attitude like?
- Do you log into your bank account? What numbers do you see?
- What does the evening look like?
- Do you have something planned or is it a relaxing evening in?
- What does your bedtime routine look like?
- Do you pray or meditate?
This exercise really makes you decide what is most important to you. It is a lot deeper than you can imagine too. It can tell you who you really want to spend time with, exactly what you want to feel like, what clothes work best on you, and where you want to be.
It’s been amazing hearing people’s perfect day. When I’ve asked others, most people don’t assume they are eventual millionaires. Their perfect days are usually quite normal and totally achievable. They have freedom of time and have friends and family close to them. It makes you realize what actually makes you happy.
Take some time to look over the questions, and then tonight before you go to bed, start to imagine. It’s REALLY fun too.
Sometimes when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed in the morning I start to imagine my perfect day. It makes my mood better and resets my goals for the day. I also realize how close I am to my perfect day by matching what is the same. As time passes my regular days have gotten closer and closer to my perfect day.
But how can you compare if you haven’t figured out your perfect day?
Hi I’m Jaime. Each and every week I bring you the top business advice from the people who know best.Learn More